The aim of this project is to build a demonstrator of a moving target SAR image refocusing system. Such system will operate via a Graphical User Interface and will be applied to Cosmo SkyMed SAR images. ISAR-SKY demonstrator will function both in automatic and user-operated mode. In the former mode, moving targets will be automatically detected and refocussed following either a pre-determined or adaptive scheme. In the latter mode, the system will be operated by a user, who will manually detect targets and will decide which one to refocus.
The effectiveness of ISAR SKY will be demonstrated on maritime targets.
The objectives of this project are:
- Refinement of the detection and refocus techniques to make them more reliable and robust
- Automatization of the system
- Automatic moving target detection
- Automatic target image refocus
- Presentation of the images
- User-driven or automatic selection of targets of interest and presentation of the refocussed images for classification and recognition
- Development of a parallel computing architecture for fast signal and image processing for “real-time” applications
System test on CSK SAR images
Fast detection of maritime targets in high resolution SAR images (Inproceeding)
2014 IEEE Radar Conference, 2014, (ISAR-SKY).